1. Open the site’s WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go to Posts > Add New (See Figure 1.1)
Figure 1.2 depicts the basic post-features provided by the WordPress platform.
1. Add a Title.
2. Provide post content.
3. Format content with the simple toolbar.
Figure 1.3 depicts the advanced post-feature widgets provided on the right hand sidebar of the WordPress platform.
- Status: Select if the post is a draft, needs review, or can be published.
- Visibility: Select the level of access required from users.
- Publish: Select if you want the post published immediately or delayed to a later date.
- Provide keywords that describe the post’s content
- Assign tags that are relevant and can be searched by a browser
- Organize posts by assigning a category.
- Improve site archival by categorizing post content.